Radiant Child® Yoga (RCY) is one of the most comprehensive and enlightening teacher training programs of its kind. Amy Pfaelzer is a facilitator of Radiant Child® Yoga and trained directly with founder and mentor Shakta Kaur Khalsa. Amy is an IKYTA certified yoga teacher, RYT-200 and holds a Master’s Degree in Education. Amy currently teaches children’s yoga classes in Clearwater, Florida and is available to lead teacher trainings nationwide and internationally. Radiant Child® Yoga (RCY) is a comprehensive and enlightening 30 hour training program designed for anyone who is interested in teaching children yoga. Developed in 1998 by founder, Shakta Khalsa, Radiant Child® Yoga was one of the first children’s yoga trainings available in the world. RCY holds the vision of creating a world of peace through the union of yoga and children.
At the completion of RCY levels 1-3, participants will have learned to:
- Guide children/youth from 2-18 in a practice of age-appropriate yoga, relaxation, stillness, and breathing techniques.
- Use yoga practice, stories, games, songs, and brain-body movement to create lesson plans.li>
- Work effectively with yoga for children with SPD, ADHD, Autism, and other special needs.
- Employ co-operative communication, deep listening, and class management skills.
- Effectively use the materials that are included in the course.
- Recognize the physical and energetic development of children from infants to adults.
- Use the training experience as an opportunity for personal transformation.
- Tune into one’s own subtle awareness and deeper messaging and that of the student.
- Communicate with administrators/parents about children’s yoga for the purpose of offering classes.
- Create group presentations while in the training, and teaching an actual class with follow-up practicum after the training.
Radiant Child Yoga Means…
- We train with teachings that are practical and measurable.
- Our work has been time-tested for over thirty-five years.
- Training is offered around the world, taught by founder, Shakta Khalsa and a selective group of qualified trainers.
- Students receive a plethora of high-quality materials; DVDs, CDs, manuals and books.
- We aspire to train teachers for new career opportunities.
- We aspire to offer RCY to all; beginning yoga practitioners are welcome.
- We aspire to offer students levels of opportunity from basic training through Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Our students have the opportunity to continue to grow and network within the RCY community through the teacher locator, a href=”https://www.facebook.com/RadiantChildYogaProgram”>RCY FB, Childrens Yoga Network, and newsletter.
- Our courses have been approved for CEUS with OT/PT, Yoga Alliance, public schools, and other professional organizations.
- We honor each student’s creativity and inner wisdom.
- Our trainings are balanced by deep contemplation and joyful fun.